11.15.2007

Rickety Tickety Tin



Today I noticed:
- I really, really, and when I say really I really mean really, like Wendy's cheeseburgers with ketchup only. I would be lying to myself if I said I felt only mediocre about them. First of all, they are only 95 cents. Second of all, they are delicious. I considered buying a Wendy's gift card today-- and just for the hell of it since I would be giving it to myself anyhow. I refrained this afternoon, but so help me, I just might do it tomorrow.
Today I noticed
- I am exactly where I want to be. Laugh at me if you will, but planning the Magleby's Employee Appreciation Party alleviated any doubts I may have had about attempting to become a wedding planner. While parties hosted by Classic Skating may not necessarily run parallel to weddings, I still felt right at home. And I'll ace my Camping Skills class because of it.
Today I wish people would notice:
- The three strapping young men pictured in today's blog. The Kingston Trio is responsible for numerous campfire sing-a-longs and for reasons I think only a few people know. I pondered for a few seconds today about their lyrics. "Tom Dooley" for instance, tells the sordid tale of a man readying himself to be hung in the morning for stabbing a woman he met on a mountain. As we gleefully whistle along, "The Merry Minuet" details the relationships between each country--"The Poles hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Dutch, and I don't like anybody very much." It seems that these songs, along with Tom Lehrer's "Irish Ballad", are the most accurate detailings of my memories of Jackson Hole.
Today I wish I would've noticed:
- The "No Parking" sign "prominently" placed near my parking spot. That would've helped my bank account out a little bit.

No comments: