12.28.2007

it's a cold north wind: from the north.





Last night the temperature on every car themometer read the same as we approached our cabin. -7 degrees. Not even zero! Not even two!
We woke up early this morning and went skiing in a slightly warmer climate, as the car themometers climbed steadily until reaching 6 degrees. Not even eight! Not even twenty! It is probable that I looked like this all day long:






Just to add to the frozen festivities, I forgot the necessary face protectors and instead had to wrap my head in a scarf I had in my purse. I have never washed it before, so the combination of my hot breath on a cold piece of cloth not only froze the scarf solid, but also caused the scarf's colors to bleed together. My green and white scarf is now looking horribly grass-stained. And the best part? The dye got all over my face. It is more than likely that I'll look like this for many moons.

2 comments:

Abby said...

what happened to posting everyday?? i love reading your posts and i need more please.

Abby said...

this is la. not abby. the computer always signs her in automatically and i am too lazy to fix it.